- Read through the exam
Reading through the whole exam you can
- know what is expected of you
- prioritize items on the test
- pace yourself.
- Carefully read the instructions
Make sure you are answering the question that is being asked!
Often students know how to solve a problem, but they misread or misinterpret the question itself
- Check that you have correctly rewritten the problem
If you use a scratch piece of paper make sure that you correctly rewrite the problem.
Don’t skip steps. Start from the beginning;
- Clearly, write each step of the solution
Be neat and don’t rush writing numbers down.
Keep checking your solution as you are working.
Neatness makes it easier to recheck your work;
- Double check your math, especially your calculator entries
Double check your calculator work immediately.
The chances of hitting a wrong number are high, but the chances of hitting the same wrong number are not;
- Don’t Dilly Dally
If you get stuck on a problem move on and come back to it later.
When you are finished, recheck all your work.