The Grading Policy at Emerson for the Remainder of the 2021-2022 School Year.
May 1, 2020
Dear Emerson Learning Community,
I am writing to share some important information regarding the grading policy at Emerson for
the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. The most important item for all Emerson
scholars, parents, and families to know is that students will continue to receive grades and daily
attendance in remote learning is required for all Emerson scholars. Staff will continue regular
outreach to students not participating, which is necessary to ensure students are staying on
track to be promoted on time. Some other considerations are as follows:
● Students will still receive a numerical grade for Marking Period 4 as they would in any
● Students will receive a final grade of MT, N, or NX. These final grades will be determined
by averaging the numerical grades for Marking Period 1 through 4 as follows:
○ Meets Standards (MT): 75-100
○ Needs Improvement (N): 65 – 74
○ Course in Progress (NX): 64 and under
● Students who receive an NX grade will need to receive additional support over
the summer to complete course requirements. 8th Grade students in Regents Track classes
who receive an NX grade will have the opportunity to complete their accelerated
coursework over the summer. We are still awaiting guidance on the format of the summer
instruction from the NYC DOE and New York State and will update you as we learn
● Students with a final grade above 85 will receive a comment on their report card
indicating they have achieved Honor Roll in that subject.
● Students must receive a comment indicating they have achieved Honor Roll in order to
be considered for Regents-Track classes in that subject for the 2020-2021 school year.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in providing our Emerson scholars the
best possible education during this time of Remote Learning. We continue to be available to
answer your questions via email, PupilPath, and Google Classrooms and wish you and your
families all the best in these challenging times.
The Emerson School (28Q287)
108-35 167 Street, Queens, New York 11433
Main Office: 718-657-4801 // Fax: 718-657-4807 // www.theemersonschool.com
PreviousSchool Supplies List 2021 – 2022